Pali Football Team Managers – Description & Duties
Pali Football seeks students interested in becoming Team Managers for the upcoming season. Current 9th graders can apply for the 4 available JV team manager openings. Current 10th and 11th graders can apply for the 4 available Varsity team manager positions. Team Managers are critical members of the Pali Football program. Being a Team Manager is a fun and rewarding position that provides resume-building work experience for those who are willing to commit to the position.
– Keeping players hydrated at all times (at both practices and games). Setting up, managing, and tearing down hydration stations for each practice and all games (home and away), including cleaning all hydration bottles and coolers, storing properly, and managing inventory.
– Fixing and maintaining player equipment (including helmets, and shoulder pads)
– Assisting Equipment Manager in uniform and equipment preparation, distribution, inventory, and maintenance.
– Maintaining all team equipment storage areas and the coach’s office in a presentable manner (could include organizing, inventory, vacuuming, cleaning, etc)
– Aiding coaches with other administrative duties, as requested
– Time Management: be able to commit to attending all games and all practices throughout the season
– Communication: maintain a healthy line of communication between yourself and both the coaches and members of the QB Club Board.
– Organization: Staying organized and keeping track of things at all times
– Quick Thinking: Be able to accurately assess situations and respond as needed
– Collaboration: Be able to work with others as a team (including co-managers, players, and staff)
– Professionalism: Practices and games are really fun but managers are there to work and not socialize.
– Practices begin in late June / early July (exact date TBD) and typically are from 2-5pm in the afternoons. Beginning the last Monday in July, practices are mandatory and run daily from 2 pm-5 pm. Once school begins, practices are every day from 7th period – 5: 30 p.m.
– Games are Fridays from late August through late October / early November. Varsity has playoffs which could continue throughout November.
– Post Season concludes in December.
Apply HERE for the 2023-24 season